5. The Skaldic Database 6. Database structure 4. Skalds/authors
This is not currently part of the peer-reviewed material of the project. Do not cite as a research publication.
An identifiable individual responsible for composing one or more textual outputs. Poets (skalds) are distinguished by the 'skaldic' (boolean) column. May also be used for convenient groupings of anonymous texts (sagas, eddic poems, etc.). Anonymous groupings are distinguished by the 'person' (boolean) column.
Other columns in this table include:
- biography: html fragment containing a biography for the skald or author
- century: the century in which the skald appears in Skj
- Generic columns documented elsewhere: name, abbr, skp_v, skp_p, skjname, skja, skjb, notes, mtime
- editor_id ('editors' table: person responsible for the bulk of the skald's work),
- biography_editor_id ('editors' table: person responsible for the biography),
- volume_id ('volumes' table: volume where the skald appears as a heading/section),
- place_thing_id ('thing' table: skald's birthplace)