R. Runic lexicon
(R. Runic lexicon)
R. Runic lexicon (TW)
The runic lexicon is an extension to the skaldic database which uses the text of the runic corpus in the Samnordisk runtextdatabas to build a lemmatised lexicon of the runic corpus.
Method (for logged-in users):
- Select an inscription from the inscription collections (regions).
- Click on the edit link at the top of the page (pencil link).
- Select 'more editing forms...'.
- Click the update button or follow the link to the lexical entry.
- Check the text (following the instructions there) and press update. There should be no punctuation here except that of the inscription, and lines of text should correspond to lines of the inscription. (If you have already entered the text, you can clear the text here if you need to start again from the beginning.) - click button to update the database.
- Replace the words with the appropriate normalised text. This may be done automatically under certain circumstances - in either case the punctuation will have to be entered manually. Only one word is permitted per box. Click button to update database.
- Relplace the words in the next section with the translation. You may need to reorder the words to match the word order of natural English. Multiple words are permitted in the translation boxes, and words are permitted between boxes. Once the translation is entered, click the update button.
- The interface takes you automatically to the kenning form. This will not normally be needed (kenning mark-up is described in the skaldic documentation) - click on the 'lemmata' form.